Economic Demography Workshop Schedule - PAA 2005
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 — 1:00-5:00pm
SALON "K" — Level Five
SESSION I: 1:00-2:15 AGING
Chair: Jacob Klerman, (RAND Corporation)
- "Back to Work: Expectations and Realizations of Work After Retirement"
Nicole Maestas (RAND Corporation)
- "Medicare at Age 65: Does it Level the Playing Field?"
Sandra Decker (NBER)
Discussant: Elaina Rose (University of Washington)
SESSION II: 2:20-3:35 FAMILY DEMOGRAPHY
Chair: Jacob Klerman (RAND Corporation)
- "Sexually-Integrated Workplaces & Divorce: Another Form of On-the-Job Search"
Terra McKinnish (University of Colorado, Boulder)
Discussant: Liz Peters (Cornell University)
- "Risk and Household Structure: Another Look at the Determinants of Fertility"
Claus Portner (University of Washington, Seattle)
Discussant: Jacob Klerman (RAND Corporation)
SESSION III: 3:40 - 4:55 CHILDREN
Chair: Jonah Gelbach (University of Maryland at College Park)
- "School Quality, Family Background and Student Achievement: The Case of Cebu"
Yaraslau Zayats (University of North Carolina)
- "Longer-Term Effects of Welfare and Work Policies on Children's School Achievement: A Synthesis from Policy Experiments Conducted in the 1990s"
Lisa Gennetian (MDRC)
Discussant: Jesse Rothstein (Princeton University)